Accomplished Senior IT Executive with over 20 years of experience. I specialize in IT management, software development, strategic planning and execution.
Strong lead in team environment. I provide laser sharp use case analysis, requirements definition/specifications, critical path analysis, deliverables, timetables, prudent scope adjustment, technical skills assessment/allocation, budgeting, resource management, vendor contracting/coordination, implementation, testing and quality assurance, training/support requirements and systems documentation.
- Full Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) responsibility.
- Experience in designing and developing high volume and large scale distributed systems.
- Vast repertoire in broad spectrum of architecture in areas such as performance and scalability, security, messaging and authentication.
Criminal Justice – University of Maryland (USMC Extension Campus – Naples, Italy).
BrainBench Certifications – Master C#, Master Systems Admin, RDBMS Concepts, HTML, Project Management, Technical Support.
(Jun 2017–Current) HealthChoiceAz @ Phoenix, AZ
Senior .Net Developer – Systems Architect
We manage Medicare and Medicaid for the state of Arizona.
(May 2016–Jun 2017) CloudJocks @ Austin, TX
CTO – Senior .Net Developer – Systems Architect
(Oct 2013–Aug 2015) Mobile Authentication Corporation @ Scottsdale, AZ
Systems Architect – Lead Developer
- Served as the System Architect, Lead Design Engineer and focal point for all development activities.
- Define and initiate projects, manage costs, scheduling, and performance of component projects, while working to ensure the ultimate success and acceptance of the OTP system.
- Managed and performed Statement of Work, Plan of Record and contract services.
- Research and Develop new technologies and procedures to further streamline/automate processes.
- Defined Server system concept, product features, requirement specifications, cost sizing and supervised team development efforts.
- Experienced in coordinating, negotiating and motivating outside vendors and off-shore resources in support of time line and project deliverables.
- Coach, mentor and lead personnel within a technical team environment.
- Provide “final level” of support for software/hardware issues.
Designed and developed a multi-tenancy, SOA architecture providing One Time Password (OTP) security services for 3rd party site registration, user authentication and financial transaction authorization.
The OTP system is an N-Tier enterprise platform providing out-of-band, SMS based token authentication services to third party web sites.
End-User requests access to 3rd party website via Registration, Authentication or Authorization processing. The system generates a time-sensitive, random password and forwards password to End-User’s registered mobile device via SMS messaging.
End-User submits OTP provided in SMS message to application UI to continue requested process.
Deployed system to Amazon Web Services and scaled system to support 2,000 OTP requests per second.
(Apr 2009–May 2012) Opus One Corporation – ContestFactory @ Orange, CA
Chief Technology Officer | IT Director
- Key member of Executive Team and served in a cross-functional leadership role.
- Review all development projects to ensure reliability, effectiveness and ROI.
- Introduced Agile – Scrum project methodologies to streamline development process.
- Developed a dynamic application framework using NoSQL document database (MongoDB).
- Administered in-house and offshore engineering teams.
- Normalized / secured internal LAN by deploying Win7 on Win08R2 Active Directory domain.
- Introduced load and regression testing tools (MS Test, WAPT & Selenium) to verify application integrity, performance, scalability and fault-tolerance.
- Architected technology platform to execute corporate growth strategy featuring scaled DotNetNuke as the applications platform.
- Lead team implementation of Cloud-based solution utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) for 3 internal business units.
- Migrated company from 6 server data center to the Amazon Cloud (AWS) leveraging E2, S3 and CloudFront Content Delivery Network (CDN) across three Amazon datacenters (availability zones).
- Architected a secure, dynamically scalable and fault-tolerant system deploying Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) and Auto-Scaling groups for IIS, SQL, Exchange and file server instances throughout the enterprise.
- Designed enterprise reporting facility (ViralDNA) to monitor applications running in Cloud.
- Directed implementation of DFS, DFSRS and PeerSync to provide fault-tolerance for file servers providing content to load-balanced web, Exchange and SQL servers.
- Engineered SpinZone SOAP secured web services. SpinZone Flash client is an online slot machine for sponsored prizes. Web services support up 20 million registrations and 45 million spins per day.
- Implemented Team Foundation Server with SharePoint integration for corporate communications, team collaboration, source control, change management and documentation of projects.
- Deployed to Amazon Web Services Classic ASP, .Net and DotNetNuke (DNN) frameworks for a wide-ranging portfolio of customer solutions.
Customers: Project Runway for Lifetime TV, Carapelli, Vegas.com, SanDisk, Fresh & Easy, Popcorn Indiana, TracFone, Net10, StraightTalk, CiCi’s Pizza and United Airlines.
(Jun 2006–Jun 2008) AT&T Laboratories @ Austin, TX
IPTV Systems Architect – Lead Prototype Applications Engineer
- Designed and implemented 2 interactive IPTV application frameworks for U-Verse System.
- Led the applications prototype development team in AT&T and Bell South laboratories.
- Designed Consumer Experience Profiling system. System provides personalized, interactive IPTV applications based on historical usage, consumer preferences and profiling to tailor the User experience.
- Developed web services to parse Electronic Program Guide (EPG) data, generate IMDB title info, reviews, video trailers and Fandango advanced ticket purchase services through the STB and television.
- Designed * Miracle interactive advertising and data management system integrating Google and Yahoo within the IPTV environment for metadata keyword ad selection and placement within a video stream.
- Engineered Digital Asset Management system to warehouse movie trailers for AT&T IPTV Video on Demand (VoD) system across various partner networks.
- Designed and prototyped over 30 consumer facing, interactive IPTV applications.
* Bell South Labs developed a real-time video analysis engine called Miracle. Miracle embeds SMPTE encoded keyword metadata into the video stream for advertising and auto-generated closed captioning.
IPTV apps read streaming metadata in the video feed as it plays on the STB. We then selected a context relevant ad from either Google or Yahoo and presented a “Call Me” button on the TV screen. Once the viewer clicks the “Call Me” button, we initiated a 3-way call between system, consumer and advertiser.
(Jan 2005–Apr 2006) Las Vegas Animal Foundation @ Las Vegas, NV
Network – Systems Administrator
- Eradicated security threats on the network due to misconfiguration.
- Re-designed network topology by deploying Windows AD Domain. Locked down with GPOs.
- Repaired telecommunications systems, deployed desktop updates, instituted centralized security and desktop management using a combination of Active Directory GPOs and third party tools.
- Stabilized network, developed network upgrade plan and turned over to Vegas.com for support.
Integrated inventory management and medical management systems with Clark County.
(Mar 2003–Dec 2004) Loan-PiPe Technologies @ Austin, TX
Systems Architect – Lead Developer
- Architected Loan-PiPeTM as a mortgage lead generation, distribution and management platform.
- Generated leads from Search Engines (SEO), Opt-In Bulk Email and Affiliate Marketing programs.
- Designed lead management and distribution services. Services assigned leads to Mortgage Broker accounts using an algorithm to determine which has the highest cash balance, highest closing ratios, last assignment date and regional proximity to the consumer applicant using geo targeting.
- Developed Loan-PiPeTM contact management system. Provides Mortgage Broker’s group administrators, tools to distribute leads to Loan Officers, track the client relationship development process and gauge team effectiveness.
- Engineered multi-threaded components featuring dynamic, data source switching fabric methodology providing a fail-safe, robust data layer.
(Feb 2002–Mar 2003) MessageBroadcast @ Newport Beach, CA
Systems Architect – Lead Developer
- Engineered a self-serve, multi-tier, web-based out-bound telemarketing platform.
System features channel bridging (live agent transfers), scheduled callback, Opt-out, least cost call routing and billing reconciliation capabilities. Broadcasts approx. 1.25M voice messages per day.
(Mar 2000–Feb 2002) GlobaLink Securities @ City of Industry, CA
IT Director – Lead Developer
- Directed IT department development of a distributed, dynamic multi-interface, multi-lingual securities trading platform integrated with US, Hong Kong, Singapore and Seoul stock exchanges.
- Architected localized securities trading platform providing three interfaces. Web-based, SMS and Interactive Voice Response (IVR). Localized English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean and Vietnamese languages.
- Developed web services for delayed/real-time quotes, order execution and SEC reporting.
(Jun 1995–Nov 1999) iNTELiTRAK Technologies @ Austin, TX
CEO – Founder
- Founded iNTELiTRAK. Raised $3.5M in venture capital.
- Developed world’s first International Computer Security Association (ICSA) certified Biometric Network Security Access Platform called the “Citadel GateKeeperTM” – Spectral Voice Print Analysis.
- Directed company with 28 employees. Responsible for P&L.
New York Life, Tivoli, Bell Atlantic, NASA, Department of Defense, Sandia National Laboratories, Rockwell Aerospace, Lockheed Martin/Marietta, Burns International & Borg-Warner Security, Chase Manhattan Bank, Goldman Sachs, MasterCard, Merck, Nomura Securities, TX Attorney General’s Office, Salomon Smith Barney, Southwestern Bell, State Farm Insurance and American Medical Labs.
Publications and Citations
Magazines – Speech Technology, WebWeek, PCWorld, CompterTelephony, Network World, Windows NT Magazine and many others. Books – Understanding the Voice Enabled Internet
DoD Biometric Developers Consortium and Commercial Biometric Developers Consortium.
(Jan 1994–Mar 1995) Crystal Semiconductor – Cirrus Logic @ Austin, TX
Web Developer – Technical Marketing Manager
- Developed Crystal’s first intranet and extranet applications interfacing with Lotus Notes knowledge base. This reduced field application engineering support costs by $3.6M per year in telecommunications.
- Directed $1.8M budget for Comdex ’95 corporate presence and press relations.
- Led multimedia development efforts to showcase Crystal’s integrated multimedia audio codecs featuring 3D audio processing from SRS Labs, audio, network and graphics integrated circuits (ICs).
(Oct 1992–Jan 1994) Origin Communications @ Austin, TX
Web Developer – Graphics Designer – Animator
- Directed marketing and advertising campaigns for AMD, Texas Instruments, GORE Industries, Arrow Capstone Industries, Crystal Semiconductor and Cirrus Logic.
- Developed multimedia applications for clients using Macromedia Authorware and Silicon Graphics Iris Indigo workstations with SoftImage to produce 3D modeling and animation sequences.
- Designed logo and corporate identity specifications for AMD’s DX4-100 and K-4/5 processors. Lead design team in producing all collateral and multimedia materials for AMD’s presence at WinHEC ’94.
- Started building the first intra/extranet applications integrated with Lotus Notes on contract for Crystal Semiconductor/Cirrus Logic as customer of Origin Communications.